-1

I don't think the PMC should be doing anything other than encouraging sub-projects to
*consider* TLP at this stage.

The proposal contains a number of detailed actions most of which I'd wholeheartedly
support as they will help sub-projects to consider pro's and con's of promotion.

However I think it is inappropriate to be talking about "proactively encouraging
proposal then vote".
I would much rather that individuals who are active participants in the sub-project
reach this stage, or don't, without having being prompted by the PMC.

For the record I think that many sub-projects would benefit from promotion, but not
all of them, but I think the process would be made much harder is the sub-project is
hustled into applying before the participants are really comfortable with the nature
and consequences of the change.

d.