On Dec 28, 2003, at 3:49 PM, Danny Angus wrote:

-1

I don't think the PMC should be doing anything other than encouraging sub-projects to *consider* TLP at this stage.

I don't even think they should do that. I don't think the PMC should take a position either way. I don't think there should be any communication that can even be confused as coming from the PMC.

The proposal contains a number of detailed actions most of which I'd wholeheartedly support as they will help sub-projects to consider pro's and con's of promotion.

However I think it is inappropriate to be talking about "proactively encouraging proposal then vote".
I would much rather that individuals who are active participants in the sub-project reach this stage, or don't, without having being prompted by the PMC.

For the record I think that many sub-projects would benefit from promotion, but not all of them, but I think the process would be made much harder is the sub-project is hustled into applying before the participants are really comfortable with the nature and consequences of the change.

And I think that once we have the PMC enlarged with all active, interested committers, these kinds of discussions and awareness will be a natural, open thing, not requiring any special schemes or campaigns

geir

d.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]