From: Costin Manolache <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Proactively encourage TLP status

<SNIP/>

>Ted, Stephen - you are free to propose or encourage any subproject to do
>whatever you want - but please make clear that this is your personal
>opinion or proposal ( unless jakarta PMC or the board votes on this ).
>But please start with the projects you are dirrectly involved with :-) -
>I don't think it's a good practice to act as a parent for childs you
>don't know very well.

In Struts, we are discussing the TLP issue,

<http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg20416.html>

but tabled the discussion pending the 1.2.0 release ... which is where I'll be
spending most of my volunteer time again.

If Struts does graduate to a TLP, I would update the wiki page based on our own
experience (if someone doesn't beat me to it) and post a link to all the DEV lists.
(Unless, of course, the growing consensus changes and the PMC decides to do such a
thing itself.)

As mentioned, my core concern is that everyone concerned has been given due notice of
the disconnect between the original Jakarta guidelines and the status quo. As one of
the early PMC members, I am partially responsible for that disconnect and need to
discharge my own responsibilities to the community.

As for the rest of it, I've said my piece, and I'm happy to let Darwin and Consensus
decide.

Thanks for all the fish. :)

-Ted.