On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Ted Husted wrote:

> Right now, the only plan seems to be to nominate committers one-by-one
> on the PMC list. I'm just saying that we shouldn't play favorites. I
> believe all Jakarta committers have already earned membership in the
> PMC; we should tender the offer to every Jakarta committer and let each
> decision-maker decide for himself or herself.
>
> If the consensus is that the "bootstrap" PMC will continue to hand-pick
> which of our duly-elected committers are promoted to the PMC, and which
> are not, then so be it. But, personally, I think that process is nothing
> but busy work. The community has already decided. Let's ratify the
> community's decisions and let Jakarta be whatever Jakarta wants to be.

[In case my actions suggest otherwise]

I'm +0 to this, but do plan to keep pushing the one-by-one [or more
likely, ten-by-ten as it's easier to handle] nominations through because
it works.

If the General list can agree to push all people up, I'll happily
volunteer any time to be spent on that, but until such agreement occurs I
want to at least make a little movement happen.

Hen