On Mar 18, 2004, at 11:06 AM, Costin Manolache wrote:

Serge Knystautas wrote:

Leo Simons wrote:

Key ASF individuals are joining these discussions, on weblogs and various discussion forums. But the ASF as a whole is silent.

In lieu of forming a statement for the ASF as a whole, what about organizing/encouraging/guiding people who want to participate? Maybe specific resources that should be targetted, such as where the most active and/or productive discussions are taking place.

What about starting by making sure Apache java projects _do_ work with the 2 open source JVMs that are mentioned in the
article ? That would be a statement, much better than "we like open source java, but our software doesn't run on it because it doesn't
really matter".

Perfect - this is the way that the ASF has always supported open-source java - by actually doing it...

geir

[EMAIL PROTECTED]