On 8/8/05, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>
> IMO the proposal can be finished off pretty quickly but i'm unsure about
> the best way to handle the name issue. didn't seem to be any sort of a
> consensus. opinions?
<snap/>

An informal thread was here [
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=111972374202676&w=2
], where I believe the majority opted for "Web Components". While it
would be nice, I doubt this is going to be unanimous. Unless there are
other suggestions, or someone else beats me to it, I will call a vote
in 24 hours. I plan to keep it simple, mark X before the name that
appeals most to you.

On 8/8/05, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
> > AIUI everything will be flat: collective management and only social
> > divisions. standard taglibs will become a jakarta sub-project.
>
> +1, I agree.
<snip/>

+1

On 8/8/05, Felipe Leme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>
> Regarding the other taglibs, I agree, it might make more sense for all
> of them to be direct sub-projects of the new project, instead of having
> an intermediate taglibs sub-project. But that's something we can decide
> later one - as we (the Jakarta Taglibs project) decided that we should
> create new taglibs from scratch (using the legacy code), the structure
> wouldn't matter at this point.
<snap/>

I will call a vote on taglibs-dev today. While it seems we are
agreeing on the flat hierarchy, this is, IMO, important enough to
close for the Taglibs project before moving forward.

-Rahul