> My proposal is that we create a file in SVN in which PMC members can list
> themselves as being active. After 1 month, failure to appear in that list
> will result in removal from the PMC.

Why not just send out e-mail to the PMC members asking them if they want to
remain active?

We have done this with another PMC, and had one person repeatedly ask to
stay listed as active.  I don't think that I've seen a post from him other
than that in some years now, but as long as he's happy reading and has
nothing to say, I have no problem with keeping him.  There is no quorum to
be met for the PMC.

        --- Noel