On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

-1 on these points

1. There should not be an escape from the pain of the incubator. All new projects must go through the incubator and endure. Commons sandbox was created prior to the incubator.

Nope, all new communities must go through the incubator, not all new projects (well, components).

2. No to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if it is a MEGA-list for all of Jakarta. The commons list is horrible and I get enough email. There is no technical advantage to one mega list for all software. Most problems are NOT oversite problems/discussions.

Is it the naming? How about [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Are you suggesting that there should be a mailing list per component in the sandbox? [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] etc?

dev@ was in Stephen's original proposal on Commons - so not something I'm personally tied to. It's not tied to my 'one-community' mantra, though I suspect it might appear that way :)

3. -1 to the form of this proposal which seems overly coarse grained or not nearly detailed (I'm not sure which)

Sounds about right - response so far suggests I need a lot more in the proposal - and it's probably better to go with the JLC vote next so the sandbox issue would be more obvious (things would be going from Commons Sandbox to JLC grouping).

Hen