http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles

> Our Decision Making page is dated in that respect,
> probably worth deleting
> and making sure that the foundation pages have
> something with the
> core important parts of it in them.

Since your link was Apache-specific, and my link was
Jakarta-specific, my assumption would be that Jakarta
trumps the ASF in its grant of a vote to committers
rather than PMC only.  Ant does this as well; actually
some changes are a vote of committers and some are PMC
only, the specifics being outlined in the project
bylaws.  The alternative interpretation is that no
project has the right to grant a binding vote beyond
the PMC, thereby overruling the ASF guidelines you
linked.  But this interpretation would indicate a
large upheaval:  a quick look shows that the ASF
"flagship" (HTTP server) grants committers a vote.
Gump takes an Ant-like approach (not surprising since
Gump's originators had worked on Ant).  The XML TLP
also says committers have a vote.  IMHO it still looks
as though Jakarta committers do have a binding vote
unless the privilege granted at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html is
explicitly rescinded.

FWIW,