+1 -- Yea, I know, it's not a vote, but it's binding anyway ;)

I like this idea. IMHO, private@ probably should only be used to discuss things that truly should not be public. As I just mentioned on an entirely different list with a somewhat related topic, one thing we might do, in cases where there might be some embarrassing remarks would be to send a "I'm about to nominate Henri Yandell as a committer in 3 days, speak now or shut up later"....ymmv ;)

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017