Ramon van Alteren wrote:
> No dev but +1 from me.
> I liked slotted mysql a lot and use it extensively.
>
> It has helped us tremendously during our upgrade path and I would be
> very sad to see it go.
>
> Public opinion is just that, public opinion, doesn't neccesarily mean
> something went wrong.
>
> FWIW, I'd like to keep the slotted mysql ebuilds. If they are removed
> from the tree I'll re-add them to our local frozen tree for our company.
>
> We're not a hosting company BTW, we just run lots of mysql daemons ;-)
>
> Ramon

Slotted MySQL will definitely go away from the main Portage tree, there
only the normal MySQL ebuilds will remain. Atm we're setting up an
overlay for MySQL, so there you'll still be able to download the slotted
ebuilds and eventually if someone's intersted he can maintain them/bring
them to a usable, better state or whatever, but we (MySQL Herd) won't do
that at the moment and will only maintain and provide non-slotted MySQL
ebuilds.
--
Best regards,
Luca Longinotti aka CHTEKK

LongiTEKK Networks Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gentoo Dev: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SysCP Dev: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
TILUG Supporter: [EMAIL PROTECTED]