On Saturday 10 June 2006 09:32, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
> Suggestion was:
> net-misc/dhcp-client
> net-misc/dhcp-server
> net-misc/dhcp - RDEPEND on -client and -server

You would also need net-misc/dhcp-common then to stop client and server
installing the same required libraries and headers. In this instance, keeping
it in one ebuild outweights the advantage of a split ebuild in my eyes.

> This way, if something needs the server, they depend on dhcp-server.
> If something needs the client, it depends on dhcp-client.  If you need
> both, depend on net-misc/dhcp.  Over time, existing package depedencies
> can be reduced from dhcp to dhcp-client or dhcp-server as appropriate.

I doubt any package will ever depend on a dhcp server as such so that helps
the one ebuild argument.

I think I'll keep it as it now is - minimal use flag stops server
installation.

--
Roy Marples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)