On Friday 29 February 2008 16:15:51 Ed W wrote:
> On the other hand since there still isn't a masked ebuild in portage
> (and I seem some notes on my on Roy's site) then I have to assume that
> in fact we are still a good way away from calling it a replacement and
> starting to push it out to users?

It's actually been very stable and usable for a long time. It's not, and never
will be a 100% drop in replacement for everything baselayout provides, but
it's very very compatible.

> Would it not make sense to start to snapshot some builds and push openrc
> out for testing?  (Seems like a gentoo job rather than an upstream is
> the reason I ask here?)

As Doug mentioned earlier, my git repo is available in an ebuild.
Why haven't I done a snapshot or release yet? Well, I have one last feature to
add basically. That feature is so it can be installed "prefixed" and still
work perfectly - with the exception of not booting or shutting down the host
system. I'll be doing this on my NetBSD box next week hopefully.

But bugs are still being found and fixed - although at a slow rate :)

Thanks

Roy