Doug Klima schrieb:
> Stefan Hellermann wrote:

>>> Doesn't sound like an OpenRC issue as such as bash sets up it's own
>>> prompt. Also, OpenRC isn't responsible for setting up the
>>> environment. At most we suck in what's defined in /etc/profile.env

>>> Curious. A suggest you open a bug a http://bugs.marples.name against
>>> openrc so we can move the debugging off this list.
>>>

>> Here is something other badly broken :) So I don't think it's a openrc
>> issue.
>>
>> # echo $PATH
>> /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
>> # env | grep PATH
>> *nothing*
>> # sysctl   # only a example for a app that works
>> *works*
>> # which sysctl    # this should work if sysctl works without typing
>> /sbin/sysctl
>> which: no sysctl in ((null))
>>
>> I think it could be a CFLAG, I compiled my whole System with
>> -mfpmath=sse (not sse,387),
>> but while emerging openrc there are compiler warnings saying it uses
>> -mfpmath=387 because
>> sse is not available. Does openrc block -msse?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stefan
>>
> To hijack this thread, you know you're getting worse performance and
> more problematic results by using -mfpmath=sse. This is the very same
> reason that -march=pentium2 / -march=athlon-tbird and newer based CPUs
> don't enable this flag by default. It requires specific changes to
> system headers.

Thanks for the comment! This is the test-system on a new Via C7, I wanted to do
some
performance check's, but haven't so far. I thought it could be a good flag :)

btw: All my problem are gone ... somehow I managed to not install baselayout
from Roys
overlay, I only installed openrc.

Thanks Roy for your help!