Roy Marples schrieb:
>> Two small things happened here:
>>
>> After Login I the shell looks like:
>> -bash-3.2#
>> when I start then bash again manually it looks nice, the environment is not
>> setup correctly the first time.
>
> Doesn't sound like an OpenRC issue as such as bash sets up it's own prompt.
> Also, OpenRC isn't responsible for setting up the environment. At most we
> suck in what's defined in /etc/profile.env
>
>> when rebooting, INIT stops with "no more processes left in this runlevel"
>> after "remounting /"
>
> Curious. A suggest you open a bug a http://bugs.marples.name against openrc
> so
> we can move the debugging off this list.

Here is something other badly broken :) So I don't think it's a openrc issue.

# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
# env | grep PATH
*nothing*
# sysctl   # only a example for a app that works
*works*
# which sysctl    # this should work if sysctl works without typing /sbin/sysctl
which: no sysctl in ((null))

I think it could be a CFLAG, I compiled my whole System with -mfpmath=sse (not
sse,387),
but while emerging openrc there are compiler warnings saying it uses
-mfpmath=387 because
sse is not available. Does openrc block -msse?

Cheers
Stefan