Piotr Jaroszy?ski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> looks like every nominee wants the council to be more technical so I
> have a few technical questions for you:
>
> 1. GLEP54
Doit!

> 2. GLEP55
Good idea. But the GLEP still contains too many "may"'s and "should"'s.
Example: "[...] but note that one should never explicitly set both EAPIs to
different values. [...]". Define it clearer: "It is not allowed to set both
EAPIs.".

And why don't we change the versioning of the EAPI to a "X.Y" scheme and
demand that changes in the minor version must not break sourcing of the
ebuild with older package managers and that major versions do.
Major version numbers are written in the postfix, while minor version
numbers are written in the ebuild itself as EAPI_MINOR="1". So, the current
EAPI 1 would then be in fact "0.1".

Cheers,
Tiziano