Thomas Anderson wrote:
As Fabian said it really isn't a matter of "We like XML better than LaTeX!"
It's not those people's prerogative.

Problems like having homogeneous documentation aren't that small.

The people who wrote PMS should be able to make the decision
for themselves(as they will be maintaining it) as to what language to
use.

The main point being using latex prevents people from modify it.

If they use LaTeX, more power to them, it's what enables them to do
their job in the easiest way.

Depends on what the job is.

You don't *have* to read PMS in LaTeX,
which by the way makes my eyes bleed somewhat, you can read it in a very
well done PDF.

The pdf renders poorly on xpdf due the fonts latex has, usually I'd rather have plain text anyway.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member