On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 15:50 -0600, Joe Peterson wrote:
> Michael Hammer wrote:
> > * Doug Goldstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [081031 15:53]:
> >> If no one opposes, I say we redact this USE flag asap.
> >
> > ++
>
> I was also wondering why kerberos was on by default - I definitely
> approve of nuking it.

I'm believe the primary reason is for release LiveCD's.
They ship with evolution-exchange, and that requires
evolution/evolution-data-server to be built with USE=kerberos
They don't do /etc/portage business, so it's a global USE flag to get
things like GRP packages to work right.

Regards,
--
Mart Raudsepp