Mart Raudsepp wrote:
On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 15:50 -0600, Joe Peterson wrote:
Michael Hammer wrote:
* Doug Goldstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [081031 15:53]:
If no one opposes, I say we redact this USE flag asap.
++
I was also wondering why kerberos was on by default - I definitely
approve of nuking it.

I'm believe the primary reason is for release LiveCD's.
They ship with evolution-exchange, and that requires
evolution/evolution-data-server to be built with USE=kerberos
They don't do /etc/portage business, so it's a global USE flag to get
things like GRP packages to work right.

If that's the case, then I say whack it from global USE and change it to an IUSE default (or whatever is in vogue these days) for eds.

--
Andrew Gaffney                                 http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer            Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead