On 8/22/09, Andrew D Kirch <trel...@trelane.net> wrote:
> Right, this is called "punishing innovation".  It's a hobby of
> bureaucrats everywhere.
> It could also be said to be "punishing excellence".

If it wasn't a sort of a bug (some omission in the original PMS?),
then I suppose this could also be described as The Three 'E's: embrace
(a supposed standard), extend (possibly in an incompatible, hard to
replicate ways), and extinguish (well, harder to do with FLOSS, but
you can probably see where I got these 'e's ;) ). I think that also
Microsoft calls that 'innovation'. :D

Let's just leave this to the Council. These semantic-pedantic "is not,
is too"-discussions with Mr. McCreesh never seem to end as both sides
keep to the logic that if you don't quickly reply to comments which
are "wrong", then your silence means that the other one was "right".
There should be some kind of eternal loop detection for these threads
... :P

--
Arttu V.