On Sunday 23 August 2009 01:26:24 Chip Parker wrote:
> So, Ciaran, if your personal reference implementation of PMS fails
> miserably when using this methodology, your argument that I won't be
> or "am not" affected by your attempt at changing portage is invalid.
> If you'd like to test for yourself, I'll be more than happy to tar up
> both my /etc/paludis and /etc/managed-portage for you.

You're still talking about /etc, which is still unaffected by PMS.  If Paludis
doesn't support a feature in /etc that you want to use, then feel free to
file a bug.  If Portage supports that feature in /etc, there's no reason why
it needs to stop doing so, regardless of what it does or doesn't accept in
the tree.