> Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 01:37:03 +0200
> From: sp...@gentoo.org
> To: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
> Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo Phoenix] an official Gentoo wiki
>
> On 04/03/10 16:46, Ben de Groot wrote:
> >> I propose to use MediaWiki.
> >
> > As I said in my other post, MediaWiki and MoinMoin should, in my
> > opinion, be on our shortlist to consider.
>
> My vote on MediaWiki, too.
>
> (I do like DokuWiki better for personal things but mediaWiki seems the
> best choice for a project this large.)
>
> Btw was it Fedora having moved from MoinMoin to MediaWiki?
> I remember something like that, could be erring though.
>

> >> Here's another idea:
> >> The German Wikipedia uses a concept called "sighted revisions". If you
> >> visit an article without logging in you will see the latest sighted
> >> revision, as an identified user you can also view the latest revision.
> >
> > That's an interesting idea, which we should consider.
>
> I'm not sure if that a thing to go for.  Drawbacks:
> - More work  (whereas we could use more manpower already)
> - New bottlenecks
>
> Couldn't we just make two big "namespaces"
>
>   'devs'        -- Developers only
>   'registered'  -- Full edit access to any registered user
>
> in the same wiki and have pages be in either namespace, reflecting the
> namespace in the page name or path somehow?
>
> I expect that to be
> - easy to implement
> - providing a good mix of openness and quality control
>

> > GuideXML documents are often experienced as an unnecessary
> > barrier.
>
> I think you should clearly state again that this is not gonna replace
> GuideXML, just migrate a few use cases where a wiki fits better.
> This is what you aim for, right?
>

> Sebastian

I hope that you will not migrate the GuideXML inside the wiki, because it's so
simple to write documentations inside a wiki and right now the unofficial
Gentoo Wiki is clean and simple.

If you want to have registered users and contributors, then you need to use a
standard syntaxe wiki.

Sylvain aka d2_racing

Got a phone? Get Hotmail & Messenger for mobile!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9724464