On 4 April 2010 10:47, Sebastian Pipping <sp...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 04/04/10 10:29, Arun Raghavan wrote:
>> We _should_ have a wiki for easy note-taking,
>> maintaining todo lists, possibly even meeting minutes
>
> I suppose this^^^ is both a good solution and compromise,
> both to wiki-fans and the doc team.
>
> Ben, could you live with that?

As I said, the most important thing for me is to have a wiki that
will allow developers to quickly whip up pages like Arun is
describing here. For example the GSoC ideas page.

If that is all we ever do with it, then it is worth having, and I can
certainly live with that. This specific need is why I'm making the
effort now to get this done.

But I am not hiding the fact that I would also like it to serve a
wider purpose. But that is a separate discussion. We want the wiki
anyway, independently from whether the GDP wants to use it or not.
At this point they don't, so GDP-maintained documentation is not
included in the scope of the wiki. I do hope that will change in the
future. But I can live with it if it doesn't.

Cheers,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux Qt project lead developer