В Вск, 31/10/2010 в 16:38 +0200, Alex Alexander пишет:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 11:50:02AM +0000, Markos Chandras wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 10:59:08PM -0400, Richard Freeman wrote:
> > > Isn't this essentially what the default profile is?  Basically server is
> > > just default + USE="apache2 ldap mysql snmp truetype xml".
> > Well it shouldn't be like that. And if the default profile is pretty
> > much the same as the server one, then please consider removing the
> > server profile as it makes no sense then
>
> Please don't. The fact that there are only a few changes doesn't make it
> useless. Also, you'd be forcing all users currently using the profile to
> migrate without any real reason.

But what is the target group of this profile? It sets only 6 USE flags
that are really useless on half of servers (e.g. VPN/mail server). I'd
better set only -perl -python there to make servers less dependent on
python/perl updaters and decrease rebuilds for servers. Also it's good
idea to make them hardened only as hardened works very well for
servers.

--
Peter.