On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:47:32PM -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Alex Alexander <wi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> >> Well it shouldn't be like that. And if the default profile is pretty
> >> much the same as the server one, then please consider removing the
> >> server profile as it makes no sense then
> >
> > Please don't. The fact that there are only a few changes doesn't make it
> > useless. Also, you'd be forcing all users currently using the profile to
> > migrate without any real reason.
>
> We don't really delete profiles (maybe once every few years...)  We
> could opt to mark the server target deprecated and not update it
> anymore.
>
> -A
>

> > --
> > Alex Alexander | wired
> > Gentoo Linux Developer | Council / Qt / Chromium / more
> > www.linuxized.com

I did not literally mean what I said. My intention is to make server
profiles useful. They are not equivalent to default profile ( at least they
shouldn't). I see that this discussion is moving to dead-end so I will
to what I suggested at least at the amd64 profile

1) drop apache2, ldap use flags
2) Adjust warning message to reflect reallity

in 72 hours

---
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer
Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
Key ID: 441AC410
Key FP: AAD0 8591 E3CD 445D 6411  3477 F7F7 1E8E 441A C410