> sources.gentoo.org is for that.   ChangeLog is for users, and "old" is
> not useful information to them
>
> So no, I won't start cluttering up ChangeLogs and I would prefer if
> others would stop it as well

This makes no sense.

Either you document things, and then you have to keep the documentation
complete.

Or you dont bother with documentation at all.

I'd suggest having repoman force a changelog entry on ebuild removal.

Alternatively we forget about the ChangeLogs with the git migration and move
to git logs. (With a dcvs merging ChangeLogs will be a pain anyway.) But that
is a different discussion.

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer