On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:12:27 +0300
Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 04/30/2011 11:03 AM, Petteri Räty wrote:
> > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/misc-files/changelog/index.html

[..]

> It no where in the link you provided mentions ChangeLog is required
> for removals. Removing an unused ebuild is not the same as making
> changes to an ebuild.

I have to disagree:

  BAD: .
  GOOD: Purge old ebuilds

It's not really specific to the subject at hand, but it does /sort of/
tell you to write ChangeLog entries for removals. :)

I agree with you that logging removals isn't needed as their absence is
plain evidence. I do tend to log removals when there is a very good
reason other than that the version has been superseded, like when a
certain version kills kittens or has security issues. I agree with
everyone else that policy should be clarified and that the devmanual
needs to reflect policy.

    jer