On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 00:47:09 +0100
"Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2013, 23:20:50 schrieben Sie:
> > On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 21:37:10 +0100
> >
> > "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > > FYI, the new 13.0 profiles are now all available in profiles.desc, for
> > > now all with status "dev" (i.e. repoman includes them only when you
> > > request developer profile checking).
> > >
> > > This means the procedure below is complete up to and including point 5)
> > > now.
> > >
> > > Please consider changing your profile symlink manually and testing the
> > > new profile tree. In case of problems, please file a bug and assign it
> > > to me (or tell me if I'm around).
> > >
> > > If all goes well, we'll continue in a week.
> >
> > Hmm, I think we need a bit more fine-grained EAPI=5 directories, at
> > least for arch-specific unmasks. Not sure if I shall use the
> > arch-specific 13.0 profiles or something more common shall be
> > introduced.
>
> I think it's perfectly fine now to raise the EAPI to 5 anywhere in the
> profile
> trees that (also) inherit 13.0 (since they need it anyway).
>
> So, in my opinion, we can just do that wherever needed.
>
> The intention of the "eapi-5-files" directory is just to hold the files that
> will be moved into global scale once the old profiles are gone.

Well, in this particular case I'm wondering if there shouldn't be
a similar solution for the arch/*. In other words arch/*/eapi-5-files
which will be moved to main arch scope once the old profiles are gone.

But I guess we could just move the files from default/linux/*/13.0.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny