Note: If you want to convert your ebuild, you can /msg ssuominen on
Freenode and
post an ebuild diff, I can quickly review if the dependency changes are
OK for you,
or clarify anything else you want regarding this.

Sorry, I know this unorthodox workflow, but I'm too sick to even
properly sit in the
chair currently, and people keep poking me regarding the issue, over any
other issues ;-(