On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 12:44:42 -0500
William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Have you even looked at gollum for example? it can support mw markdown.

I've looked at it, but none of my reading of online material indicates
whether it supports more than the existing media-wiki *syntax*.

For instance, Gollum states support for macros, but definition of those
macros requires writing ruby code, which is a far stretch from
MediaWiki's "other wiki articles are your macros"

Nothing I've read clarifies my confusion as to whether gollum actually
supports all the *features* of MediaWiki, only seeming to indicate it
supports syntax-mimicry.

Which, if true, would fall into the category of "Not a suitable
replacement"