On 07/10/18 16:35, M. J. Everitt wrote:
> On 10/07/18 21:09, William Hubbs wrote:

>>> No, nothing. Whatever catalyst puts it the default config will become
>>> our new default.
>> I would still like to see notice about what the new defaults are and how
>> to migrate current systems to them.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> William
>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks,
>>> Zac
>>>

> I'd like to propose that further to the discussion here on the -dev
> default paths, and then RelEng can make the appropriate updates to the
> catalyst builds. A news item can be compiled, with an appropriate wiki
> article perhaps on migration strategy (I may volunteer to format such a
> page with some appropriate guidance).
> Regards,
> Michael / veremitz.

This is a mess, many systems are setup with portage already on a
seperate partition for reasons. What advantage does it provide to move
the tree now after all these years? I have seen nothing more then lets
do this cause I like the ideal lately and it is getting old, there is no
benefit that would justify moving the tree or many other changes that
are being made in Gentoo lately.

Jory A. Pratt
Gentoo Linux Developer [Mozilla Lead]
E-Mail    : anar...@gentoo.org
GnuPG FP  : D4AC 8D63 0B16 F7C9 08E9  B909 A0CC C3BA B4D0 88B4
GnuPG ID  : B4D088B4