On 7.11.2022 8.07, Oskari Pirhonen wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 06, 2022 at 11:37:24 +0100, Piotr Karbowski wrote:
>> I would be in favour of stepping up the social contract and actually
>> prohibiting this kind of things, we had that before too, the nattka you
>> mgorny wrote is replacement for old bugzilla bot that was ...
>> closedsource and perished, though nattka now have way more features than
>> the old thing ever had.
>
> As a user, I think it would be really cool if there was a requirement
> that all infra and infra-adjacent stuff was free software.
>
> I feel like I've read that Debian already has something like this. While
> doing some quick searches I didn't find a full-on requirement, but all
> their infra bits I did find were powered by free software. The most
> relevant ones being buildd [1] and debci [2]. Additionally, the debci
> docs has inctructions on reproducing tests yourself [3] which is a nice
> extra IMO.
>
> [1] https://buildd.debian.org
> [2] https://ci.debian.net
> [3] https://ci.debian.net/doc/file.MAINTAINERS.html
>
> - Oskari

I _believe_ ago's tinderbox isn't being paid by the GF _anymore_ due to
this reason, but he keeps it running with his own expenses. I don't mind
this as long as the results are desirable and not phony. I still see a
lot of value in most of ago's work.

It is unfortunate we don't get to see the engine behind and copy it,
since I'd be really interested in using his automated bug search /
report tool. Even tattoo (https://github.com/arthurzam/tattoo) lacks
that at the moment.

-- juippis