On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 21:00 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:05:57 -0500 Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | Programs such as revdep-rebuild, verify-rdepend would be able to make
> | immediate use. A little bit of a longer term goal is to see portage
> | gain the ability to request to only use RRDEPEND entries to be used
> | for depgraph creation for use with embedded/mimimal systems.
>
> How will that work for packages that have a runtime dependency upon a
> text file supplied by a different package?

text files which are true runtime deps belong in RDEPEND.
Clearly c++ templates are beyond the scope of the what RRDEPEND can
provide. I could be wrong but I don't think those c++ templates are
anything revdep-rebuild or verify-rdepends handle any differently.

--
Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Linux