On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:00:07 -0500 Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| > Why introduce a feature which is crippled? It would be almost as
| > easy to allow ebuilds to mess with their 'real' runtime dependency
| > value as appropriate rather than forcing an incorrect
| > auto-generated list onto everyone.
|
| Please go back to trolling on dev We are trying to get work done here
| and solve real problems.

Sure. You're inventing some arbitrary problem which has no reflection
upon reality and then solving some other arbitrary problem which has no
reflection upon either reality or what you say you're solving. End
result is more unnecessary complexity, more unnecessary mess and, once
you realise your solution is inadequate, no doubt yet another
incomplete hack on top of that.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Supreme Lord Gerbil Wrangler)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm