On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 22:02 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:41:19 -0500 Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 21:00 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> | > How will that work for packages that have a runtime dependency upon
> | > a text file supplied by a different package?
> |
> | text files which are true runtime deps belong in RDEPEND.
>
> Ok. So embedded tools which rely upon RRDEPEND for runtime dependencies
> will end up producing incomplete installs?

Yeah that's what we want, We intend to create tools that leave systems
broken. You want to be the first tester? Please take your spin of things
off of this and look at it for what it is. Your not going to use a
feature for something unless it's suited for the job at hand.

--
Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Linux