On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 23:10 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:49:50 -0500 Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | Yeah that's what we want, We intend to create tools that leave systems
> | broken. You want to be the first tester? Please take your spin of
> | things off of this and look at it for what it is. Your not going to
> | use a feature for something unless it's suited for the job at hand.
>
> So why not create a better feature?

What the hell are you talking about? No tools have even been
created yet. Nobody builds tools before the framework is in place. The
ability to make use of RRDEPEND as I've pointed out by verify-rdepend
and revdep-rebuild could be pretty much immediate. The ability to
control what level of depends a user wants in his/her depgraph is up to
the user. The way I envision it you could just as easliy do
ROOT=/dev/shm/minimal emerge -KO --deps="RDEPEND:DEPEND:PDEPEND" pkgfoo
To yield the same results as portage by default. In general I'd
suggest that you not attempt to make use of features that don't suit
your needs.

--
Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Linux