[ Apologies if two of these show up. I kinda, uh, broke Exim
slightly... ]

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:41:19 -0500 Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 21:00 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > How will that work for packages that have a runtime dependency upon
| > a text file supplied by a different package?
|
| text files which are true runtime deps belong in RDEPEND.

So an embedded system creating tool thing will end up providing broken
installs when ignoring RDEPEND?

| Clearly c++ templates are beyond the scope of the what RRDEPEND can
| provide. I could be wrong but I don't think those c++ templates are
| anything revdep-rebuild or verify-rdepends handle any differently.

Separate issue. I was thinking more along the lines of (non-minimal)
vim needing vim-core, for example.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Supreme Lord Gerbil Wrangler)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm