On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 08:21:30 -0400 "Eric S. Johansson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| Now if developers can get off of their ego trips and listen to
| usability  experts who have been telling them for the past 30 years
| how to make  software more user-friendly, we might end up with
| computers (and MUA's)  that people use because they want to not
| because they have to.

Having listened to said usability experts and found that all the
software that I like completely breaks at least five of their seven
heuristics, I wouldn't be inclined to take them too seriously... Their
main premise seems to be that "learning is bad". And if you don't want
to learn, you're using the wrong distribution...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm