On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 02:54:33 +0200, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:

> It is usually better and prefer the "answer to all" policy as it permit
> to be notified of an answer without having to track the whole mailing
> list.

If I post to the list, I expect a reply via the list. Getting two replies
is annoying, especially if I don't realise the private one is a duplicate
and reply to it before checking the list. One of the main points of a list
is that it is a public discussion, archived for all to see, fragmenting
conversations into private mail defeats that point.

--
Neil Bothwick

Engineers do it with less resistance.