On Friday 02 July 2010 12:01:09 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Grant Edwards wrote:

> Like others, I'm happy with this as it is. But YMMV.
>
> > When they start a new list and it is not set up this way, it causes
> > confusion.  This was discussed before on another list.  I don't see
> > this changing anytime soon and hope it doesn't.
>
> Is there a way for someone to add another address to Reply-To? (Does the
> list management software overwrite the header or just appends its
> address?)
>
> Such a way would suit the OP and people who don't want duplicate
> messages at the same time.
>
> Meanwhile the OP might want to add a request to be CC'ed to his
> signature.

Or, he could use a mailer that understands mailing lists, like kmail. There
are others.

Filter list mail into a folder, and tell the mailer it is for a list.

Decide how you want to reply and press (the composer deals with it correctly):

l - reply to list
a - reply to all
R - reply to original sender
r - reply to whatever seems to be default reply address.

So instead of blindly clicking reply and getting all upset about the outcome,
just press one key and the mailer obeys YOUR intent.

Problem solved.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com