Nuno J. Silva wrote:
Alan McKinnon<alan.mckin...@gmail.com>  writes:

On Friday 02 July 2010 12:01:09 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
Is there a way for someone to add another address to Reply-To? (Does the
list management software overwrite the header or just appends its
address?)

Such a way would suit the OP and people who don't want duplicate
messages at the same time.

Meanwhile the OP might want to add a request to be CC'ed to his
signature.

Or, he could use a mailer that understands mailing lists, like kmail. There
are others.

Filter list mail into a folder, and tell the mailer it is for a list.

Decide how you want to reply and press (the composer deals with it correctly):

l - reply to list
a - reply to all
R - reply to original sender
r - reply to whatever seems to be default reply address.

So instead of blindly clicking reply and getting all upset about the outcome,
just press one key and the mailer obeys YOUR intent.

Problem solved.
But, if I understand it correctly, what the OP wants is others to mail
him too, so he receives replies without being subscribed.

Having a mail client with those abilities is of no use for him, nor for
anyone unless they know what the person they're replying to desires.

(But now I wonder how to know if a person replied by a reply we're
replying wants to be CCed...)

Or is Nicolas looking to reply to everyone when he writes? That would be
bad, as there are people who prefer to receive messages through the
list or using NNTP.

If he is not subscribed, how did he send a email to the list anyway? Don't you have to be subscribed to the list to send a email to it?

Dale

:-)  :-)