On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it just me?  Or does Firefox get slower every release?  And less stable.

I haven't had any crashing or failing to start, but Firefox in Linux
has always been pretty bad in general for me. Slow UI, unusable in NX
(constant screen redraws; Thunderbird does the same thing), network
stalling for MINUTES at a time, slow to load, etc. Other browsers on
the same machine don't suffer any of these problems. I don't use
Firefox as my primary browser because it is so flaky.

At work I use Firefox in Windows XP all day long on a much slower
computer, and it is faster (UI responsiveness feeling, not benchmarks)
and has none of the problems I have always experienced on my home
Gentoo box. It's been a long-standing mystery.