On Sunday 19 September 2010 18:07:11 me wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Daniel da Veiga
>
> <danieldave...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 03:21, Francesco Talamona
> >
> > <francesco.talam...@know.eu> wrote:

> >> Ditto. Every time slower and less stable. And when it crashes makes the
> >> X destop crash too, I use it with firebug and it's slow as molasses.
> >>
> >> Looking forward to FF4, still not tried on Linux.
> >>
> >> greets
> >>        FT
> >>
> >> --
> >> Linux Version 2.6.35-gentoo-r7, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 17
> >> 21:01:33 CEST 2010
> >> Two 2.4GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processors, 4GB RAM, 9648.04 Bogomips Total
> >> aemaeth
> >
> > Well, guess I'm lucky then.
> > I used it since 2.x and never had any problems. Never needed other
> > browser in Linux. Looking forward for 4.x, but still, 3.6.x is my
> > personal choice. Don't like chromium, not enough extensions, can't
> > stand Opera, Safari or Konqueror for the same reason. If flashblock,
> > noscript and adblock were available at any browser I could try it, but
> > still, I don't see it in a near future.
> >
> > --
> > Daniel da Veiga
>
> Chrome's set of extensions is growing rather large, and at least
> contains most of what anyone would need, a bit short of 'want', but
> covers needs fairly well. If you don't like chrome's interface I'll
> not argue, but if the extensions are the one thing stopping you from
> giving it a real try...
>
> Not quite NoScript, but aims to do the job:
> https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/odjhifogjcknibkahlpidmdajjpkkcf
> n?hl=en
>
> Flashblock:
> https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/gofhjkjmkpinhpoiabjplobcaignabn
> l?hl=en
>
> Adblock:
> https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglido
> m?hl=en
>
> The biggest reason I've taken to using chrome, though, is that it
> seems (purely subjective) to render pages far faster than anything
> else I've used, though I've not run opera or safari in a very long
> time.

Opera is faster than FF for sure both on my amd64 and my x86.  I tried Chrome
once (early days then) and I couldn't tell if it was faster.  I gave up on it
because I was not sure if the browser was calling home with my browsing habits
and if these were identifiable as coming from my machine/IP address.  In other
words I wasn't sure to what extent Google was recording my Internet journeys.
--
Regards,
Mick