On Sunday 19 September 2010 18:26:56 András Csányi wrote:
> On 19 September 2010 19:18, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Opera is faster than FF for sure both on my amd64 and my x86.  I tried
> > Chrome once (early days then) and I couldn't tell if it was faster.  I
> > gave up on it because I was not sure if the browser was calling home
> > with my browsing habits and if these were identifiable as coming from my
> > machine/IP address.  In other words I wasn't sure to what extent Google
> > was recording my Internet journeys.
>
> Opera... :) Somebody can to tell me where is that config file which
> contains the language preferences? Because I have a new profile and I
> think the Opera try to communicate with me japan or chinese language.
> Everywhere are strange symbols... :)

Hmm, it should have inherited your default language setting.

Try Tools/General - at the bottom there is a drop down option to change the
language.

Alternatively, type opera:config and go down to User Prefs on the page that
opens.  Then scroll down to find "Language File", "Language Files Directory",
etc.  My "Language Files Directory" points to /usr/share/opera/locale/en-GB/

HTH
--
Regards,
Mick