On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 03:21, Francesco Talamona
<francesco.talam...@know.eu> wrote:
> On Sunday 19 September 2010, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>> Is it just me?  Or does Firefox get slower every release?  And less
>> stable.
>>
>> I got myself up to the latest, and I cannot install my 4 add-ons
>> (xmarks, AdBlockPlus, Noscript, Stumble-upon) without it crashing.
>> Seg fault sometimes.  I've got ECC memory, and no reported problems,
>> and it does not help to clear the profiles (rename ~/.mozilla)  and
>> re-emerge.
>>
>> Grrrrrr.
>
> Ditto. Every time slower and less stable. And when it crashes makes the
> X destop crash too, I use it with firebug and it's slow as molasses.
>
> Looking forward to FF4, still not tried on Linux.
>
> greets
>        FT
>
> --
> Linux Version 2.6.35-gentoo-r7, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 17
> 21:01:33 CEST 2010
> Two 2.4GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processors, 4GB RAM, 9648.04 Bogomips Total
> aemaeth

Well, guess I'm lucky then.
I used it since 2.x and never had any problems. Never needed other
browser in Linux. Looking forward for 4.x, but still, 3.6.x is my
personal choice. Don't like chromium, not enough extensions, can't
stand Opera, Safari or Konqueror for the same reason. If flashblock,
noscript and adblock were available at any browser I could try it, but
still, I don't see it in a near future.

--
Daniel da Veiga