Dale wrote:

I did a test just then and my video was slow again. This is what I get now.

r...@smoker / # glxgears
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
677 frames in 5.6 seconds = 120.183 FPS
1 frames in 7.6 seconds =  0.132 FPS
1 frames in 7.6 seconds =  0.132 FPS
1 frames in 8.2 seconds =  0.122 FPS
1 frames in 7.6 seconds =  0.131 FPS
1 frames in 7.6 seconds =  0.132 FPS
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
      after 46 requests (46 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
r...@smoker / #

So, looks like emerge -e world didn't help after all. So what should I check now? Do I need to get my hammer out?

Dale

:-)  :-)

False alarm. I looked at top and noticed that that stupid hp-systray was using about 90% of my CPU. I killed that thing and now it plays fine again.

I do wish they would fix that thing. For some reason hp-systray does that from time to time. It is usually after dbus has a hiccup. Logging out of KDE and back in again usually fixes it tho.

Anyway, back to normal.  Well, normal for me anyway.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)