On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 05:37:49PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 June 2011 11:23:15 Indi did opine thusly:
> >
> > Ha, so it's true then: using my blackberry as a PDA (sync'd to
> > google  calendar) and not bothering with that stuff on my computer
> > anymore may indeed have saved lives. I suspected as much.
>
> Android Android Android Android rulz

The cyanogenmod looks quite interesting, at some point I may get
an android phome just to fool with that.

> I fear for the desktop, I really do. I class myself as a decent KDE
> user who often reads the code instead of the docs, If I can't figure
> out how to use the app, what chance do regular users stand?

Erm, no comment. :P
My views of the desktop are unpopular here, LOL.
Yet I go *years* without having to make big changes to my wm configs,
and everything "just works" for me.

> I look out over the nearby Support desk and watch the flunkies with
> Win7. I see a very bright future indeed for Android

And a dim one for wince7. I don't think it matter to ms though.
In spite of all the swagger wince7 is just a placeholder until
8 arrives. *That* will probably their Hindenburg. :)

--
caveat utilitor