On Wednesday 22 June 2011 11:23:15 Indi did opine thusly:
> > Sorry for the rant and language, this has beena  major
> > clusterfuck for  me. And where I come from, that kind of
> > monumental cock-up in a QA'ed release gets you fired. Or at
> > least busted down to maintenance coder. Grrrrrrr...
> >

> Ha, so it's true then: using my blackberry as a PDA (sync'd to
> google  calendar) and not bothering with that stuff on my computer
> anymore may indeed have saved lives. I suspected as much.

Android Android Android Android rulz

I fear for the desktop, I really do. I class myself as a decent KDE
user who often reads the code instead of the docs, If I can't figure
out how to use the app, what chance do regular users stand?

I look out over the nearby Support desk and watch the flunkies with
Win7. I see a very bright future indeed for Android

> Sorry, not to make light of your predicament. I do sympathize.

Ah no worries, we'll laugh about it soon enough. Halfway there already
- spilt milk and all that

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com