On 19/08/2013 15:36, William Kenworthy wrote:
> I still have not seen an adequate explanation as to why systemd isn't a
> profile as its far more intrusive than a gnome/kde choice and they have
> profiles.  That way some bad choices like polluting systems with systemd
> files because they are only small and insignificant might be avoided.  I
> have used the mask method but did waste some time on chasing down odd
> errors due to missing file errors in the logs so I would rather not have
> them on the system at all.

There was an uber-thread on -dev over the last two months that covered
most of these bases. I stopped paying attention about halfway through...
but it's all there on gmane.

The thread started with with a proposed sysvinit -> systemd migration
script, and it quickly became obvious why profiles and USE flags look OK
at first glance but rapidly becomes apparent that they aren't.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com