On 2013-12-02 2:25 PM, Poison BL. <poiso...@gmail.com> wrote:
An alternative to booting to external media, etc, would be a bind
mount of / and /usr on separate temporary mount points, then dumping
the data between them, leaving the existing system chugging along. A
re-mount of the current /usr in -o ro mode might not be a terrible
idea in that case.

<snip>

Not comfortable doing that on a productions server at all... but thanks anyway... :)

That said, if you are booting to a LiveDVD --